Monday, August 25, 2008

Winter's out and Spring is in ...

Well the weekend definitely proved to us that Winter has gone and Spring is here. Both days were lovely and sunny although Saturday was a little windy for my liking - think Wellington summer. Sunday though was a stunner - just enough breeze to make sure it wasn't too hot! Our themometer showed the outside temp got up to 26.7 degrees! Yes that's right - 26.7 degrees even though it is still officially winter for another week :-) *sigh* gotta love Brissy from Autumn through Spring.

I am starting to wonder about poor old mum coming to stay in December though if it's getting to 26.7 already. Let's hope for her sake that we have a repeat of last year - spring was really hot but then summer seemed to lose it's mojo - phew!! I'm guessing she'll be stuck inside with the fans and/or air con on :-) Although she has said she's wants to just relax while she's in Brissy so maybe she won't have any option. Te he :-)

Right - back to work. Lots to do before I come to NZ next week. Plus Paul is off wiht the flu at the moment so that's not good :-( Fingers crossed I don't pick it up before our NZ trip as I so don't want to be sick for my hens party!!!

No comments: