Friday, August 8, 2008

Hair Mission

Ok - so I very recently sent out an email asking for advice on hair dressers in Wellington. For those that weren't on the email list who really want to make sure my hair looks fantastic on my wedding day - here is what the email said. Feel free to help me out :-)

--------------------------------

So ... I have a mission for you all :-) As you all know I am getting married in Wellington at the end of the year. And as you may or may not know, I am paronoid about people cutting my hair and therefore hate going to hairdressers. Unfortunately no-one knows how to cut thick wavy hair into a "low maintenance" hairstyle!

So the mission? When I'm in NZ in a few weeks I have to decide who I'm getting to do my hair for the wedding. This is a big decision for me! To put it in context - more important than picking my shoes - although I hate shoe shopping so that's not really comparing apples with apples is it! Maybe it's as important as making sure we have enough booze - nothing more embarassing than running out of booze at a wedding now aye ;-)

So this means over a couple of days I have to go visiting the potential hairdressers to see if I like them, getting prices and asking them what they'd do etc etc. However I don't know very many hairdressers - so I need your recommendations pretty please (with cherries on top)! Those of you have been married in Wellington (or know someone who did) - who did you go to and did you like what they did? Did they treat you nicely on the day etc etc?

I would like a hairdresser who will also do my makeup so I guess that'll shrink the list a bit.
They also need to be in central city so we can walk there - unless they're so fabulous that it's worth driving there on my wedding day :-)

The big question is; who would you recommend?

Please help me guys? A chocolate fish to the winner ;-) te he

No comments: