Monday, August 11, 2008

The wedding dress

Yes folks - that's right - on Saturday afternoon I met Debbie in the city and I tried on my wedding dress. My actual wedding dress - not just some floor sample (that was literally twice my size - mine is 8 and it was 16). Exciting aye! I can't wait till the wedding when I actually get to wear it!!
Debz and I also found my jewellery that I'm going to wear too :-)
Although now we have to nervous wait on my dress for things like getting the hem taken up (they better not ruin it) and getting it steam pressed when I arrive in NZ (once again they better not ruin it). But still very exciting! All I have to do now is find some shoes - harder than it sounds as a) I hate shoe shopping and b) the fashion seems to be super duper high stilettos. If I wear shoes with too high a heel then we can guarantee that I'll prob put my foot through my dress and probably trip myself up as I walk down the aisle! Now wouldn't that make my wedding day something to remember - te he.
Hmm - why did I pick a church with such a long aisle!! Maye I should come in the side door instead ;-)

Actually there's a really sad story about the dress that I tried on in the store way back at the start of the year. Apparently a girl came in and tried it on, loved it and decided to order one herself. Then apparently she became really sick with the flu, went to hospital and died a couple of days later. So then the family asked the store if they buy the floor sample as her fiance wanted her buried in it. Sad aye! So that the actual dress I tried on is on some dead women :-( So sad! Must say lots of prayers so that it's not a bad omen :-) At least she gets to wear her fabulous wedding dress forever aye :-)

Right - better do some work now :-)

No comments: