Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The disappearing sunglasses

Can you believe that on the weekend Paul and I both managed to lose our sunglasses - and on separate occasions as well.

On Saturday we got home from the bbq with my cousin and Paul couldn't find his glasses. This is a big deal as they're prescription sunglasses so will cost us about $500 to replace. And living in Brisbane without sunnies is not really an option! Especially since Paul cycles to and from work into the sun each day :-\ Hmmm!

My situation isn't quite so dire - they are around somewhere - I just can't find them. So on Sunday I had my sunnies while I was outside painting the vege garden edging (I have the sunnies marks to prove it - whoops). So I took them off when I went inside and put them down somewhere - and that was the last time I saw them. So they'll be in the house somewhere - who knows where though as a few through looks haven't found them :-( Maybe if I finally get around to folding the washing tonight I might find them under there. If we're really lucky then maybe Paul's will appear under the washing pile as well. I think there just may be a few prayers to St Anthony going on to find our lost items! (for those that are confused by this comment, mum always had this little prayer to St Anthony that we used to say as kids, to ask for help in finding whatever it was that we'd lost - it works too- I hope again too :-) )

Righto - off to work now.

No comments: