Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Soccer

Well I've finally done it. I rang the womens football contact at the Westside Sports Club and am going down for a run around tonight. I explained that I had been out injured for the past 2 season and just wanted to have a run around to see if I could handle playing for a season. The good thing about the club is that it's just over the other side of Dawsons Parade from our house. Like literally a few blocks away. Probably only a 10 min walk I guess - 10 mins max really! I just had a look on google maps and it's exactly 900 metres from our house to the park! Sweet!

So now we just need my body to hold up!! The website says that they have a division 1 and a division 3 team that train on tuesday nights. Plus they also have a social division 5 team that doesn't train. If my body holds up then I might try for the division 3 team (don't think I can be bothered going division 1 - getting too old, I haven't played for 2 seasons and I'd just break ;-) te he). Otherwise I might see if I can join the division 5 team and play when I'm able to.

Of course if I break in the first 5 minutes then I might be stuck to watching from the side lines. But since I love living here in Brisbane and don't plan on going home anytime soon, I figured I'd better start meeting people. And soccer really does seem like the most logical place :-)

Wish me luck people!!

http://www.westsidesports.com.au/Womens.html

No comments: