Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hot hot hot!

Well this weekend has been a real scorcher! Yesterday the forecast was to get up to 36 degrees - our first heat wave of the summer - not bad considering it's the last weekend of summer! In reality it was way worse - at about 1:30pm it hit 40 degrees - hot hot hot!!!! However Paul and I had a bit of shopping to do so we headed over to Chermside in the morning and hung out there for about 3 hours. Yay for free air con! Then we did the grocery shopping at Aldi (really cheap supermarket in Chermside) which was also air conditioned. So we didn't really get to experience the heat too much until we got home. I went straight into the house, didn't bother opening any windows - I just turned on our air con!
About that time a lovely southerly breeze picked up which cooled things down a bit. But I stayed inside watching "The Nanny Diaries" for a while while Paul mowed the lawn. It's scary how much the lawn had grown in 3 weeks.

Today it's no quite so bad - it's currently 28.9 degrees - however it's still pretty hot. The scary part is that in just over an hour I'm going to go and play a game of soccer. Yes, that's right folks, I'm going to run around in knee high socks in almost 30 degrees! I think I must be mad!

Well best be getting back to doing our budget before Paul nags me again (after all it's not like me to get distracted is it ;-) ). I still need to get some pics up from our latest NZ trip :-)

No comments: