Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lent

Right – so yesterday was Ash Wednesday (or NZ it’s “Ash Wednesday” today since yesterday was Waitangi Day and you can’t really have a day of fast on the national holiday). Anyway so Ash Wednesday is the start of Lent in the lead up to Easter. Now in the true Lenten spirit I normally give us something I like. Two years ago it was alcohol and last year it was alcohol and chocolate (aka my Lent diet).

However this year I have decided to do something different. Instead of giving up a physical thing I have decided to give up laziness! Yep – that’s right, no more excuses such as “I’m tired” or “I’ve had a long day at work” or “I can’t be bothered” as a reason not to do things. Instead I will exercise, I will fold the washing, I will do the house cleaning on a regular basis, I will eat healthy, I will iron my work clothes at night (whoops – have to work harder on that one as I forgot last night), I will make my lunch instead of relying on Paul to do it (isn’t he a sweetie!). This is actually going to be hard for me as I am a master of procrastination and laziness J

So I guess we shall see how the next 6 weeks pans out! Wish me luck!!

No comments: