Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yay - I now love Christmas again

Ok - so last night after sitting on the couch watching the news for 20 mins or so I decided that it would be best to go out looking for Paul's present again before everyone started going shopping mad on late night shopping (tonight).
After the disappointment of Tuesday I had moved on with my present idea and had a few other things up my sleeve. However as luck would have it I found exactly what I wanted to get Paul - yay! And it was even better than I had intended! Of course you all have no idea what I'm talking about so this means nothing to you! But it shall all become clear after Christmas day! Unfortunately as Paul reads my blog I can't reveal it to you first - that would just be wrong anyway ;-)

Anyway so now that the frustration of trying to find this present is over I can go back to loving Christmas. Although it's still weird having no Christmas tree to decorate or nativity set to put up and hide baby Jesus from etc etc. I always remember asking mum if I could put up the Christmas tree as a kid because I loved decorating it. But mum didn't like us putting it up too early so the anticipation would go on and on until we were finally able to put it up. But none of that this year. Oh well - at least I have my own house to enjoy ( yes I know you're sick of hearing/reading that). I was about to say next year will be better but since we will have just gotten back from the wedding I'm not so sure that's true! But I'm going to keep my eye on the boxing day sales and see what I can pick up for cheap anyway. Yay for sales. Although top of that priority list is a lawn mower as our lawn looks awful! It's be raining quite a bit lately and it's also been kinda warm - so that grass has been very happy (aka growing). So first thing boxing day Paul and I are off to Bunnings etc to see what we can pick up.

Well better do some work. Only 3 more days of work till 8 days off in a row - wahoo!

No comments: