Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Shopping

Ok - seriously! I have to stop going to the mall to do innocent Christmas shopping and coming home with no Christmas stuff but plenty of booze! Yes that's right - the booze cupboard is well stocked and the Christmas cupboard is pretty bare ;-)

A couple of weekends ago Paul and I went to Brookside shopping centre (about a 5 mins drive from home) to get some Christmas decorations and a rubbish bin. We found no ideal rubbish bin, no ideal Christmas decorations (since we actually don't have a tree) so instead bought a couple of boxes of 4X beers (as a side note here: you can't buy a dozen beers in Aussie - you either buy a 6 pack or they make you buy 24 bottles or 30 cans - bonkers I tell you).

The other occasion was last night. Paul and I braved Chermside shopping centre after work and were very happy to fund that there actually weren't that many people around even though it was open till 9pm (everyone must really leave things till the last minute). However, even though I knew exactly what I wanted to get Paul I just couldn't find it anywhere (being restricted by knowing "exactly" what I wanted to get and an ideal price range I was willing to pay for said item). So after walking around the entire shopping centre (no small task I tell you) and even stopping off to say hello to the pet shop (the kittens were SO cute) I ended up only getting a bottle of Villa Maria Sav wine from Dan Murphys.

Hmm - I think it's actually easier to do Christmas shopping if you don't really know what you want to get (or if you're super rich and money means nothing). It's official - I don't like Christmas shopping anymore. Well that's until I find something else for Paul that I really like (fingers crossed). So tonight I shall brave the crowds again with some new ideas in mind! Fingers crossed the traffic and crowds are kind to me. And thanks goodness I only have 1 person to buy for!!

No comments: