Friday, December 21, 2007

Airing your laundry in public

Ok - so I really don't like having "personal" conversations in public. It's embarrassing and I'm pretty sure the rest of the world doesn't really want to know about my problems. Therefore I definitely don't like it when strangers decide that what would make your Friday morning even better would be to hear all about their problems. Thats right folks, I have another horror story.

Normally I catch the 6:43 train into the city but this morning I was sleepy and ended up only getting out of the shower about the time the train was due. Whoops! So instead I had to wait and catch the 7:11am train. NEVER again I tell you! There was this chick sitting in the seat behind me (who I had almost sat next to - phew) who about 5 mins into the trip (it's a 30 min trip) rang a friend on her cell phone. Well that is normally annoying enough by itself (public transport phone calls should be "in and out" ... very quick). However this was no classy lady - she was white trash through and through (think Kim). She proceeded to have a very loud and ver personal conversation including the following topics:
  • alluding to "the problem" and "the other thing" while talking about her and her boyfriend
  • talking about going to the chemist and putting "cream on it" and "its started to go away"
  • Talking about her sores and how 10 other people have "it"
  • talking about how supportive "Darren" was and how she was quite surprised
  • talking about how Darren didn't come to be bed last night till 11pm and then she was like I can't tonight Darren.
Ok - so this was about the time my cell phone came out and I text Paul with how repulsed I was. I couldn't even concentrate on my trashy morning train novel she was that distracting. Oh yeah - is now also a good time to point out that the train was packed - there were people standing all the way down the aisle.

Thinking it it couldn't get worse I prayed her cell phone battery would die or something. And then the conversation took a major turn for the worse. She then decided it was necessary to go into way more detail about "the other thing". Yes my friends - apparently she has thrush! I heard all about it and how she as "inflamed" and how "sore she was" and how "she has discharge". ARGH!! I still feel dirty thinking about it. YUK!!! I WANT A SHOWER!!

Seriously - was the women so daft that she thought the rest of us couldn't hear her! Hello - I was approximately 40cm away from you! Thank goodness I didn't sit next to her and her thrush and whatever STD she had obviously picked up.

Fortunately she got off at Central station so I had my final 5 mins ride without her. I also made sure that when she walked past me to get off the train that I kept my arms inside the seat at all times. Yuk yuk yuk yuk!!

Ok - I just had to share that as it was just way too much trauma for one person to handle on their own! I hope you all have a better day than how mine has started out!

Ange

No comments: