Sunday, December 2, 2007

House warming gifts :-)

Well this will have to be a very quick entry as I'm in at work on Sunday. Since we can't get our phone connected till Dec 11th I'm having to use the internet at work to check emails etc. And since settlement on Thursday turned into a nightmare I have a bit of work to catch up on.

Anyway we moved in to the new house on Thursday night and Friday ok. We were blown away on Friday when we came home from one of our many trips between Chermside and Keperra to find a whole bunch of plants and a bottle of nice bubbly on the deck. These were a house warming present courtesy of my family in the UK. So a big thanks to Marea, Dan, Mum, Liam, Jules and Matty :-) I knew Marea was organising something but was only expecting a single plant. So To find all those was amazing. In fact I'm pretty sure my first words were "Oh wow"!!

I took a few pics at the time so that the family can actually see what they got us :-) We've since bought a couple of pants with drip trays to move a couple of plants inside :-)

The plants on the deck as they were when we got home :-)
The green of the ferns looks really nice against the deck & house colour.
Ange getting a bit keen to crack open the bubbly

A side view of the plants on the deck looking into the house

Paul getting confused about whether he is man or dog

I've moved one of the plants into the hallway. The hallway looks much nicer now :-)

A couple of pics of the house not yet seen (weren't on the real estate ad)


The laundry and old back door.
Lots of laundries in Brisbane seem to be external.
The view of the back yard extending out from the deck.
The old owners left an old rickety table behind so that should do quite nicely until we can afford our own one :-)

No comments: