Monday, December 3, 2007

My first walk to work!

Well this morning was my first walk to work from the new house. And it's definitely quicker which is very good.
In Chermside I caught a bus every morning which took about 30 - 55 minutes depending on traffic (average was 40 mins) - plus a 10 min walk either side.
Now it's a 10 minute walk to the train station (past Eagle Boys, KFC, Video Ezy & Maccas - bad!!), a 30 min train ride and a 5 minute walk to work. Much better! It's not so good for Paul though as the bus used to stop right outside his work but now he has to walk about 10 mins from the closest train station.

Well have lots to do. My brother and his misses are flying out of Brisbane back to Wellington after a wedding in the gold coast over the weekend. So I'm going to be having a coffee with them at some stage today. That on top of being so busy at work is going to make for a long day (week). At least I have our Christmas do on Friday to look forward to. We're going out to a resort on the Gold Coast (something Pines) and we're playing golf and then having lunch. Should be awesome! Work is picking up the tab for the bus out there, the golf game and lunch so all we have to pay for is the golf clubs and any food/drink outside of lunch - seems pretty fair to me!

Better go. Hope everyone has a fab week!

Ange

p.s. Paul just sent me the following link in an email. I've seen it before but it's still good :-) http://home.versateladsl.be/bavertel/fun/swf_ani/monitor_cleaner.swf

No comments: