Thursday, November 29, 2007

Settlement day arrives

VERY EXCITING!!!

Yes that's right - today is settlement day on our new house and I couldn't be more excited. Very soon I will get an email from our solicitor telling me how much the difference between our loan and the settlement figure is (remaining house price, minus rates plus blah blah etc) and then I will walk down to MECU and get a bank cheque for that amount. I will then drop it off to Paul who will take it to our solicitor who will take it along to settlement at 3pm! That's right folks - not long after 3pm Paul and I will officially be the owners of our house.
Of course since we have to be out of our flat by 5pm tomorrow, with the carpets having been professionally cleaned (and receipt to prove it given to our evil property manager) we will be moving into our new house today as well. Yay! Lance is all set to come around after work (yep I text him Debz) so all we have to do is pray that it doesn't rain. I know - wash my mouth out with soap for saying it shouldn't rain but it's been "showering" for a few days and brisbane showers are just not the same as NZ showers - the heavens tend to open up and drop a rather large quantity of water in a very short period of time. Now that happening while moving our furniture from A to B would not be very good!

Well really better do some work!

No comments: