Monday, November 5, 2007

hot hot hot!!

Man was yesterday a scorcher! Actually the whole weekend was pretty hot and Paul and I were out and about in it!
On Saturday we went house hunting as usual - some good news to come on that front - but I'm not counting my chickens till each one has hatched - so watch this space!
On Sunday we went to the open day to see the big tunnel boring machine that they're using to build the north south bypass tunnel! You know those huge machines you see documentaries about on discovery channel. Paul was volunteering for the afternoon (marshalling people around) so we got free tickets! We only got them to the viewing platform above the machine - but it was still pretty impressive! I have a few photos but they're on the computer at home so I'll put them on tonight (promise ;-) ). Later in the afternoon Paul got to go on one of the bus trips which took you right up to the front of machine! I'm SO jealous! Unfortunately I didn't leave my camera with him - but he did get a couple of photos on his cell phone! So we'll see how they turn out (once he finds his cable to get the photos off the phone that is).

The downsides of the heat - apart from the grotty sweating factor, is that (a) lots of ants decided to take up residence in our kitchen (SO gross to come home to) and (b) lots of flies hatched yesterday! Paul and I went for a walk when he got home, just before sunset, and the flies were so gross! They don't leave you alone and kept flying into my ears and stuff. I must have looked like a freak as I was walking along swinging my arms trying to get them the hell away from me and cursing at them to f off! Flies in your ears are SO gross!! YUK! In the end I just pulled my hair out from my cap and pulled it over my ears! I must have looked so sexy (NOT) but at least they weren't in my ears anymore!

Well really got to do some work - have a very busy month ahead!

No comments: