Friday, October 31, 2008

Final RSVP Day

So today is the last day that folks can officially RSVP to the wedding. Of course not everyone has yet - however after today I get to email the remainders and go "nag nag" :-) Te he. As of last night the attendance list is sitting at 83 - so that's a fair whack of people, whether the remainder come or not :-)

Today the temperature here in Brissy is meant to get up to 29 degrees. To enable me to fully enjoy the summer weather, I am wearing my new bright blue ninja earrings that my very clever friend Teresa made. They're hard to see from the pic - but if you click on the image, it will open a larger copy of it :-) I bought 4 pairs of earrings off her a few weeks ago and they're fantastic - I have so much fun wearing them :-) And at $5 a pop you can't go wrong :-)



Ha ha - Ben is going to love me for putting this photo up. Ben & Mike went in to book in some waistcoats for the wedding and I'd asked them to send me a photo of what they looked like (yeah I know, I'm mean making them wear waistcoats :-) but I like them!). But I think Ben got a bit excited as you can see in the photo below. Fortunately the wedding colour is not orange :-) And someone really should buy the man a top hat ;-) te he :-) The photos made me crack up when I saw them :-)


The other exciting news that I have heard through the grapevine is that the first bridesmaid dress is pretty much complete. Very exciting! My lovely friend Kat has been working her butt off to get them made before she goes to her brothers wedding in the states in just over a week. So if anyone sees Kat then you all have to give her great big hug for me :-)
Marea is due in Wellington today sometime so now Kat gets the joy of making a maternity friendly bridesmaid dress. I wonder if we can ask No 1 (the sprog in training) to not grow for the next 5 weeks so that Marea still fits her dress :-) Ha ha - good luck.

Righto - better do some work now. Paul and I are off to vote at 4pm this afternoon so I have to finish early. We are able to vote any time up until the day before the election I think - but we thought we'd get it in early. I hope that you are ALL ENROLLED!!! Anyone is doesn't vote in the election is forbidden from grumbling about anything government related for the next 3 years!

Right right - really going! Have a great weekend! May the sun shine again in Wellington like it did on Labour day on Monday!!

No comments: