Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Importance of being Earnest

So about a month or so Paul and I reinstated our "date night" policy for Tuesday nights. We figured out that since we moved over to Australia, we were actually doing less together. So far we have been to the movies, been out for dinner, had dinner on our deck, and had a lazy night in drinking a few wines (that week coincided with my birthday).

Last night we were very lucky and had something different to do. Paul had received a couple of tickets from his work to see The Importance of being Earnest at the Playhouse Theatre. I go past the theatre on the way to work every day, so I had seen it advertised for a while and really wanted to go. However I didn't mention it to Paul as I thought he wouldn't be interested. So when he emailed me on Monday and said he had tickets, well I was pretty excited!

It turns out that Paul's work must sponsor the theatre or something so it was a bit of a hob-nob night. But that meant we got free food and drinks before the show, during the interval and after the show. And all we had to do for it was talk to some work related people and their friends/partners for a while. Not too hard now aye ;-) ha ha.

So ... the play. It was fantastic! I totally recommend it! I'd only ever seen the movie with Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon etc in it - and that came across more as a chick flick. But as a play it has much broader appeal - it was very very funny! Paul was chuckling away the whole show too and really enjoyed it - so it wasn't just me :-)

For anyone based in Brisbane I recommend you go along. For anyone elsewhere, if you see it being put on locally, then you must get yourself some tickets.

Right ... so enough of that. Back to work now :-)

Ange

p.s. 6 weeks and 3 days and counting ......

No comments: