Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Who said I was the accident prone one ...

So I have been meaning to write about this for a week now but haven't as I wanted to put the pictures up too. But alas, if I don't write about it now then I never will! The photos can follow!

So ... Monday night last week I'm sitting on the train on the way home from work when my phone rings. It's Paul - he says to me that when I get home could I please go and pick up the car and pick him up from the hospital! So understandably I was a bit shaken by this and asked him what had happened. He replies, "I was knocked off my bike ... but I'm ok". We figured out what hospital he was at and how to get me to the hospital (Paul noramlly drives so I'm a little shaky on directons). So I get to the hospital and I'm 50/50 on whether Paul was so relaxed on the phone because (a) he really was ok or (b) he was trying to keep me calm.
By the time I got home, grabbed a few clothes for Paul (we had a meeting for WYD and he asked me to bring him some spare clothes) and drove to the hospital, it was just before 7pm. As I walked in the main door Paul was walking out to meet me - he had just been seen (good timing aye).
So ... as it turns out, Paul had been knocked off his bike .... by another cyclist!! Not a car like I had been thinking since his phone call (and like I had told Joel on the phone when I rang to say we'd be late for the meeting, if we made it at all). Apparently Paul had been cycling home, on the correct side of the bike path, when this idiot came flying around the corner, on the wrong side of the bike path and crashed straight into Paul. So Paul ended up with blood poring out of this little cut above his right eye, scraped knuckles, a scrape on his forearm, and some pretty rattled teeth.

So I'm very glad that he didn't get hit by a car as that may have been a whole other story!! Although it was really funny as after the massive swelling on his eye went down, the black eye came out. It fully looked like he had eye liner and mascara on for all of last week :-) Apparently people were avoiding sitting next to him on the train and everything. Te he - can you imagine lovely Paul being the big scary guy :-) So cute!!!

So that's my story anyway! And now that it's up I'll have to add some photos to the post :-)

No comments: