Thursday, July 3, 2008

Go Queensland!

Well this is the first time since I moved to Australia that I have felt "achievement" by something happening here. You know, like when the All Blacks or the Hurricanes win a game etc. What caused this level of "betrayal" - well Queensland winning the state of origin of course :-) You see it's not me being a traitor as there is no way NZ could have any part in the series - so it's ok to side with "my state" :-) I didn't really pay much attention to the first game to be honest - hadn't even realised it was on really. But Paul was doing St Johns for the 2nd one - so I watched in the the ads for whatever was on the other channel (House I think). Last night though I turned over after Ugly Betty finished (love that show) and watched it while doing some world youth day prep stuff on the laptop (gotta love the wireless broadband). And it was very exciting! We were down 4-8 not long before half time when I started watching and in the end we won 16-10! So Go Queensland :-)

I imagine there are lots of sore heads about town today though! Paul said that he could hear the crowd at the Arana Leagues club around the corner when Queensland scored their try to go 8-8 :-) He said they were even louder than me!

No comments: