Thursday, September 27, 2007

I go walking in the night

Te he - it seems I'm back to my good old habit of going walk about in the middle of the night. Poor Paul! Apparently last night I got up out of bed and walked to look out the window (don't ask me why - I don't even remember it). Paul asked me what I was doing, to which I responded "SDFJHLASDFASDF" [mumbled] and went back to bed. How strange I tell you!
Sometimes I think it would be very interesting (and scary) to film yourself while you're asleep to see what exactly goes on in the night!
I think it's happening as I've had bad nights sleep for the past couple of weeks. Back in NZ, when I was living in Khandallah, I would simply sleep in for 10-12 hours on the weekends and that would mostly put me right. But the combination of the sun rising about 5:40am and Paul waking at the crack of dawn on weekends is meaning I no longer get my sleep ins. Gee isn't life sooo difficult ;-)

But I guess it's partly my fault too as I insist on getting up at 6am in the mornings so I can get to work early - I like catching the 6:25am or 6:35am bus which get me to work just after 7am. That way there isn't really anyone on the bus and traffic is lighter so it's quicker. It's so great at the moment as it's school holidays so there is a lot less people around the city. Normally the 6:35 bus takes about 35 mins - today it only took 25 mins - yay! Although that is less time I get to bury my nose in a book aye ;-)

I have been going running at lunch time a few times a week recently. But after feeling like being sick because of the heat on Monday, I've decided that is no longer an option. So yesterday Paul and I got up at 6am and went for a morning run together. I tell you - there is a whole other world out there in the parks at 6am. There were lots of friendly people who actually said hello to us :-) I actually really enjoyed the run - it was much cooler and it was nice to have some company! It's also good to see I'm getting some fitness back :-) Yay! So I think I'll probably do a morning run a couple of times a week from now on - I'll keep you posted on whether Paul ever comes again, te he he :-)

Well best be getting some work done! Oh yeah - it's raining again today - wahoo!! If it's still raining after work (storms forecast for tonight) then I might park the car out of the car port and give it a much needed clean :-)

Have a good one!
Ange :-D

2 comments:

BarWench said...

Running - you crazy kid - I remember what that was all about...I think.... I must admit I am extremely jealous of the temperatures you are having over there - it must make such a difference to your lifestyle!! Jealous!!!

Marea said...

You better be careful with that sleep walking business - NZ boy over here in the UK climb out a window to his death! and remember my friend Turtle - he walked out a window and got compound fractures to his leg. Invest in handcuffs now.