Monday, September 17, 2007

Who would have thought

Funny - Paul and I woke up to the news telling us there was fog in Brisbane today. We were both like, ok sure. Until we opened the curtains - and it really was foggy outside! Crazy! Reminded me of Wellington aye ;-) Te he he!
See some fog pics

I had a pretty low key weekend in the end. Rang Debz on Friday night and caught up with her. I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to catch up with my Brisbane friends - crazy stuff! Then on Saturday Paul and I went to an investing seminar. It was quite interesting actually as previously I knew nothing about all that! Afterwards Paul and I went and had an iced coffee next to the river and took one of the commuter ferries up/down the river. I'd tell you definitely which way but I get so disorientated here as there aren't any hills to orientate myself with. All you have is the river - and as river tend to do it winds it's way around. Ok - I had a look at Google maps and it must have been upstream and then down on the way back :-) We went up as far as St Lucia I think! Surprisingly the ferries don't go that far up the river - I thought they'd go much further! It was a stunning day though so I really enjoyed it. There are some very nice houses on the river - they'd be worth a fortune aye!!

We were going to get up and watch the rugby - but it was only on free-to-air tv at like 1am since it clashed with the aussie game. And getting up in the middle of the night to watch us thrash Portugal just didn't seem worthwhile. Especially as Paul had a big day on Sunday! It was definitely the right decision!

Then Sunday saw me pottering around the house while Paul went off to Ballymore to "watch" a rugby game (he was actually working for St John's). Got lots of cleaning done and spent a bit of time updating the budget, house hunting etc etc. Well the temperature did get up to just over 29 degrees so I wasn't planning on walking anywhere!

Well better do some work now! Have a good week!
Ange

No comments: