Friday, September 14, 2007

Goodbye Chocolate Fish

Well I was gutted this morning when reading the stuff website to hear about the Chocolate Fish cafe having to close at the end of the year! It definitely comes in my top 5 list of favourite cafes in Wellington! This is a travesty! Stupid greedy councils and such things!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4202071a11.html

I remember the first time I ever went to the Chocolate Fish cafe. It was with Paul on one of the really still, cold & misty Wellington days. The mist was coming in from Cook Strait all the way into the city along the harbour entrance. So sitting in the cafe it felt like you were sitting on the edge of the world as the mist came right up to the edge of the seating! And to top of the amazing surroundings, the food was SO yummy and the coffee was great!

Mmmmm, I remember it with fondness! I miss real cafes!!! Who wants to move to Brisbane and open a "Lido" or "Chocolate Fish" or "Expressoholic" or whats that one above the body shop on Lambton Quay again - well that one anyway. Oh well - at least they know how to make a really good iced coffee over here. Oh yeah - and they know what a nice sunny and warm day is! And you even get more than one of them strung together :-) Yay - I love Brisbane!

Ange
p.s. I reserve the right to grumble about the heat over summer! It's only the first month of Spring and already the temperatures are starting to get into the high 20's!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Stupid greedy Councils! I bet the people who work for the council are doing it just to be b**tards ;-)

BarWench said...

You wait until xmas mate, I've done a few over there at that time and boy - mid 40's..... you can hardly sleep - just make sure you invest in some good air con!

I'm gonna miss Chocky Fish - its been my fav cafe for over 10 years now.. :(