Monday, August 20, 2007

What is an umbrella

Yay - it's still raining! Just what the ground needs over here. Let's hope it keeps raining for a few days now that the ground will finally be wet. Unfortunatley I think it's clearing to showers by tomorrow. Oh well - at least the grass might get a bit greener.
Paul and I had to go out last night to an event in Ashgrove which is in zone 2. We live on the north side in zone 3 but had to go there via the city. This required us to walk to the bus stop in Chermside, catch the bus into the city. Wait at the bus stop in the city to catch another bus to Ashgrove and then walk a couple of kms to the Marist College there. And it was raining the whole time! Now in Wellington you just wouldn't do that! But in good old "generally not windy" Brisbane you can use this great invention called an umbrella to keep yourself dry :-) Yay! Ok so I did end up wet jean legs - but that's because I'm short and my trousers hang down over my shoes! And an umbrella can't protect you from puddles unfortunately ;-)
Well better stop procrastinating and do some work.
Ange

No comments: