Wednesday, August 15, 2007

So many things - so little time!!

Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while but things have been pretty busy lately. And the couple of nights I did have off I just couldn't stand the idea of turning on the computer when I got home from work.

Paul and I have had his mate Marc staying with us for the past few days. He arrived from NZ on Sunday morning and since the weather was ok we took him out to Wet & Wild on the gold coast. Paul had these vouchers he got from work where if you were a local (from Queensland) then you could get in for $15 instead of the usual $42 - yay :-) And we were very sneaky and managed to get Marc in for that price too. Understandable really - I mean who wouldn't mistake a German accent for and Aussie one ;-) A fun day was had by all really! It was a tad chilly when you first got off a ride - but if you stayed out for a bit then it got warmer again. I'm glad I wore my board shorts and rash top though (as were the other people at the park who were therefore not blinded by the glare of my white body ;-) te he) as it was a bit warmer. My favourite ride was the tornado! SO FUN!!! On Monday night we went out for dinner with Marc and Gavin to a curry place in Southbank. It was in the entertainment book (wahoo to entertainment books) so all up only cost about $17 each! Sweet! Tuesday Paul and Marc headed out to Currumbin to the wildlife sanctuary there while I had to work! Stink wan au!! Apparently it was more like a zoo than a sanctuary though!! So this afternoon Marc left us to fly on to Frankfurt to finish his trip! Being a public holiday (yay) we met up with Gavin again and went out for breakfast, also in Southbank! Yum - bacon and banana pancakes!

So all in all a very busy but very fun few days. Of course we also had to get things ready before Marc came. That meant a quick trip to the Super AMart on Saturday afternoon to pick up the mattress for our futon that had been delayed and squishing it into the back of a rental car - lots of fun :-) But the best part of Saturday was that I went and got me a bike! Wahoo!! It's just a low end mountain bike but it means that Paul and I can now get away from the house on weekends and see a few more sights! It also means that I can exercise (seriously needed right now) a bit more and it's a free form of entertainment - an essential for those on a budget!!
This afternoon (after we put Marc on the airport train) we went for a ride from our place along Kedron Brook. Paul reckons it was only about 12kms but I'm tending towards 15km. But whatever it was, by the time I got home my legs were very very tired! So I may need to go for a few more rides before we do our Sandgate to Redcliffe ride. Paul says that's about 20km all up once you get off the train. So we'd have to cycle to the train station first too.

Paul has been doing a little more with St Johns lately. He actually got to volunteer at the Ekka on Thursday night last week. The Ekka is why we had a public holiday today. It's like the A&P show but is held over about 9 or 10 days. So I've attached a picture of him in his uniform. It's such a lovely picture because at the time he was like go away I'm tired and want to go to bed. But doesn't he look lovely in his uniform ;-) te he he

Ok, Paul is waiting for me to get off the computer so that he can go to bed. We do have work tomorrow after all.

I will write more soon!
Ange

1 comment:

Marea said...

haha that photo of you with your bike reminds me of the ones of me when I was seven with my new bike!