Saturday, July 14, 2007

My first week in Brisbane

Well it's hard to believe that I have survived my first week in Brisbane and am now into my first weekend. That is a good thing as I get to see more of Paul since he doesn't have to go off to work - wahoo (yes I know - puke). So far the weather has been sunny, sunny and a bit more of sunny! And the weather forecast for the next 7 days - why that would be sunny! It's so funny watching the weather forecast at night because it just doesn't change :-) I look down at the temperatures for places like Melbourne and I'm very glad I chose to come to Brisbane! Their highs are for like 12 and 13 degrees whereas in Brisbane they have ranged from 19 to 22. Yay!

I haven't actually achieved too much so far. I do have a bank account, a Queensland drivers licence and a Medicare card (like the aussie version of ACC but it's not as good and you have to apply for it). I've also been to the Chermside shopping centre every day - yay! It really is bad having a shopping centre that close to home aye as it only takes 10 mins to walk there. But I have picked up only essential things like slippers (because it's freezing in the mornings), a blanket (because it's freezing at night), lots and lots of hangers (because I own too many clothes - and thats with giving half of them away already), a shower mat and some groceries. Oh yeah - and I got a dinner set as they're always helpful to eat off.

Well I'd better go and eat some breakfast as I'm starving. Paul and I are catching up with his mate Gavin tonight in the city. Not sure what we're doing but I'm sure it'll be good. Shame I'm going to miss the AB's game :-( Go the AB's.

Take care and don't freeze too much or look like drowned rats. Also feel free to send some of your rain our way aye!

Ange

1 comment:

BarWench said...

Oi! you! One week in aussie and you're already abandoning the AB's - I meant that is just so unkiwi.... I will have to have words with that boy of yours....

and speaking of that - where's the photo's of the ring girl!