Saturday, July 28, 2007

I have my ring ... finally :-)


Yay, after work yesterday Paul and I went along to the Stones Jewellers store in Brissy and picked up my engagement ring :-) It was a very long 1.5 weeks waiting for it to be made. Then I went to take it off this morning to have a shower and it wasn't going anywhere - so at least I know I won't lose it aye ;-) te he he. Seems as good an excuse as any to not do the dishes! Unfortunately Paul bought up the idea that I could use gloves - stink wan Paul, don't be so practical man :-(

Well today is a beautiful day here in Brisbane - the high is meant to be 25! http://www.bom.gov.au/ Can't complain about that now can you!

So I survived my first week at the new job. I must say I was a bit tired working 40 hours after having a lovely 3 week holiday! But it is nice to be earning Aussie dollars now! And it also meant that I haven't gone through nearly as much of my savings as I thought I might. It looks like I'm going to have a trip to Sydney with work in a few weeks so I'm really looking forward to that. I'll probably be flat out but at least I'll get to see Sydney still :-)

Paul and I are going to go and have a look at some bikes today and maybe get me one. Since we moved out to Chermside Paul doesn't really use his anymore as the main road into town is way too busy to bike on - you'd get yourself killed in 5 seconds! But if I got a bike then we could go for rides together on the weekends and get some exercise. Paul did a nice ride once where he caught the train out to Sandgate and then cycled across the bridge to Redcliffe and had a look out there. Plus Debz and Lance live out in Redcliffe so we could stop in and see them at the same time - yay :-)

Well I'd better eat some breakfast and have a shower.

Latas
Ange

2 comments:

BarWench said...

Hey chick, nice photo but what about the actual details of the ring!!! It looks like princess cut...?

Ange said...

Ha ha - useless Ange :-) Now I don't know much about this as Paul was the one who bought the actual diamond and did all the research on that sort of info - I just decided on the ring :-) But I know it's a round diamond not princess cut, in a solitaire setting with white gold (yellow gold looked awful on my hands). I was thinking about getting some shoulder diamonds as well but in the end I decided I preferred the simple "classic look" ring :-)