Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's official - today is really cold!

Ok - it's official, today is really cold! Last night I actually had to wear my thermal as well as my sexy flannel PJ's to to bed. And this morning, sitting at Paul's laptop, in the sun, I still need it. The high is meant to get up to 17 but for Brissy that is pretty cold - will require a sweater all day as opposed to the t shirt I was wearing last week!

Yay - On Tuesday I ordered my engagement ring - so in less than a week I should have it. I may not be able to get a photo up straight away though as I've had to put my camera back into Harvey Norman to get fixed again. The ongoing "sick" sound when you zoom in and out finally scared me enough to part with it for a few weeks. The guy at the service counter said it could take anywhere from 1 week to 8 weeks. For his sake I hope it doesn't take 8 weeks as he'll have a very annoyed Ange breathing down his neck for most of that!

Man it's really expensive to go away over here! Paul and I thought that we'd go away for a night or 2 over the weekend. We weren't that fussed in which direction - Gold Coast, Noosa, Bryon Bay. Except we were going to have to pay more than $150, most likely closer to $200 per night! Stuff that! I decided I'd rather spend that money on a nice dinner or something and sit at home and watch the All Blacks whip the wallabies (yes I did say whip - please please please - I can't bear to think of the torment I will suffer if we lose).

Well best be going. I have emails to respond to from a few weeks ago that are now well overdue. If any of you fall into that category then take a leaf out of Fleur's book and feel free to email me again and demand a response. Te he he - *hug* to Fleur!

Hope you are all well and haven't drowned! Frankly I think it's really selfish of you all to have that much rain when we could really use some over here ;-)

I've included a few photos I took not long before coming over to Brisbane. One is of the "Core Deserters" crew who were at my leaving do (as it was also the leaving do for Katrina, Jacqui and Ankur). Also there are a couple of pretty ones from when we were visiting Paul's nanna and poppa in Hikuai.

No comments: