Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Purchases

Well in the spirit of updating my blog more often I thought I'd show you some random purchases Paul and I have made recently. [side note: recently is a pretty broad time frame and may consist of many months ;-) ]


BBQ cover:
This was a very well spent $12 or whatever it cost us. It gets very dusty out on the deck and the possums like climbing all over it at night. So now we don't have to clean the bbq before and after we use it - just after now :-)

New Fridge:
I love our new fridge! It has made life so much easier!
This was bought with our wedding present money just before I lost my job, phew! Thanks guys! Our old one had a total volume of something like 220 litres - including the freezer. Our new one has about 520 litres - it's AWESOME! And can you believe that we have managed to fill it up. At least we have room for storing the top layer of the wedding cake. Ha ha! If you want some then you'll have to visit us around Dec 6th this year as we are going to cut it for out 1st anniversary.

Stovetop Espresso:
This is one of the best purchases we have ever made in my opinion! It was bought some David Jones vouchers we got for the wedding. Thanks guys! I'm sure mum will be much happier next she comes to visit as well because she can have some "real" coffee. With me currently at home it is getting a daily workout so is very well used :-) Thanks Janell and Alex for the idea!!


Cutlery Set:
Another item we bought with wedding money before I lost my job :-) We got it on sale too!!
We haven't broken it out yet as the cutlery needs to be hand washed. Well it says you can put it in the dishwasher, just not with aluminum etc. So we may as well hand wash them!

Knife Block:
Yet another item bought with wedding money, and on sale. I have waited a very long time to have decent knives. Paul and I only had one knife for cooking with before we got the block - very frustrating. The block is cool as it swivels around :-)

Photo Box:
This is a new purchase :-) We bought it on Thursday night with some vouchers Paul and I got from work. Paul got a $100 voucher for Christmas and I got the same when work got rid of me. The photo box contains all the "extra" official wedding photos.

I added a photo into the front of the box and took another pic of it :-)
Can you believe it only cost us $12.95 on special! Cheap aye! Now I just need to get a job so we rearrange our lounge and get a nice coffee table to put it on.

This is what the inside of the box looks like :-)
Now we just need to turn the photos into decent sized digital versions so we can do our own reprints and play around with the photos :-)

Photo Frame:
We also bought this on Thursday with out vouchers. I'm going to put some wedding photos in this once I get some reprints :-)

No comments: