Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Banana Loaf

This might also be called the return of the housewife :-)
Towards the end of last week, over the weekend and on Monday, I was flat out writing job applications for a couple of jobs that were due on Monday night. Fingers crossed I get some bites on those :-) Because I was so busy I didn't really have time to do any baking or even much cooking. Fortunately Paul and I bought a slow cooker on Thursday with some of our wedding vouchers, so Paul used that to cook an awesome mince stew thing on Sunday (also did for Paul's lunch on Monday and dinner again last night - mmmmm). The recipe came from a slow cooker cook book we got for the wedding as well.

Anyway, so now that I'm not madly busy for a few days (unless some more great jobs come up), I've decided to do some more baking :-) On last night's list was a banana loaf. It turned out way better than the last one I did and is very yummy. I used proper self raising flour instead of guessing the combination of standard flour + baking power (put in too much baking powder last time). Plus I dropped the cooking time back by 5 mins as our oven cooks at the lesser end of the time scale (edmonds book says 45-55 mins - ours takes 45 mins :-) ).

Below are a couple of pics of the left overs of my creation. I started putting on some butter and then thought I'd take a pic for my blog :-) Actually the photos of the loaf don't look very appetising. But it's very yummy - you'll have to take my word for it. I modified the recipe a little bit by adding lots of cinnamon and a bit of vanilla essence to the banana when I was mashing it. Makes the taste a bit more interesting.



If you're thinking that I make a lot of banana somethings it's because my naughty husband has been forgetting to take bananas for lunch, so I end up using them for baking instead :-) Mmmmmm, what a shame ;-) ha ha

No comments: