Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making progess on the vege garden

Well after a long hot and busy summer, Paul has gotten back to work getting our vege garden into working order. Unfortunately as we left it so long, the weeds and grass grew back in the "beds". So Paul bought a garden hoe (I think that's what its called) a couple of weekends ago and is digging them out. Last weekend he cleared the first garden bed, and today he has been clearing the second.

Next we have the decide what type of soil we buy and when we get it delivered. The "good quality" soil suitable for planting veges etc costs about $68 a cubic metre plus delivery ($30 - $50). And we will probably need at least 4 cubic metres for the first 2 garden beds. Ouch - expensive!! But I can't wait till we can grown our own veges :-) That's when I can start contributing to the process again as I'm a little fragile to be doing heavy digging work. Very annoying really as I feel bad leaving it all to Paul.

Anyway here are a few pics I have taken of Paul's good work :-)



No comments: