Monday, March 31, 2008

You know winter is on the way ....

You know autumn is here and winter is on the way when you wake up in the morning and it's a real struggle to get your body out of bed because of the cold. Brrrr! When Paul was finally brave enough to get up, the thermometer in the lounge said it was only 13 degrees. Argh! I think that our house is going to be freezing in winter!

However I have decided that instead of playing soccer, injuring myself again and spending approx $400 in the process for boots and subs, that instead I will buy a sewing machine! Yes that's right - I'm converting to the domestic side! There are so many things I want to make so having a sewing machine just makes sense. Especially since I no longer have Kat to hem my trousers for me ;-) te he he. But I think first on the list will be sausage rolls to cover the bottom on the doors as there are giant gaps on both the front and back door and also from our bedroom into the hallway. You can definitely tell that the house used to be carpeted when you look at the gaps between the bottom on the doors and the floor. I guess the second thing on my "To Do" list is to make some curtains for the kitchen. We have lovely big windows that currently have no curtains or blinds to keep the heat in come winter.

Well better do some work!

1 comment:

Marea said...

YOU! sewing?!?!?!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..................