Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, it's Wednesday January 2nd 2008 and I, Angela, am back at work already *sigh*. I miss Jan 2nd being "the day after new years day" public holiday. However we do have Australia day in a few weeks which is a long weekend, so I shouldn't complain too much aye ;-) So 3 full weeks of work, then a long weekend , another full week of work and then Paul and I are off to NZ for 10 days. YAY!!! So exciting!

Anyway, so what did we get up to at new years! Well since the weather was pretty awful - blowing a gale and constant showers, we were pretty limited in what we could do. However Paul's mate Gav txt on Sunday evening and asked what we were doing. So it was decided that we'd watch the fireworks at South Bank. Initially we were going to watch Oceans 13 on the big outdoor movie screen in South Bank as well - however the wind, rain and wet grass kinda put us off that idea. So instead at 9pm, after having an extended coffee at Coffee Club in the square, we headed down to West End and had a nice Indian curry for dinner at Sitah (we had booked in fortunately as they were pretty busy when we arrived). I was even brave enough to try a medium curry for the first time in years. It's amazing that when you stop eating so many curries how your tolerance drops pretty quickly.

Fortunately the wind died down enough that the fireworks could still go ahead, so not long after 11 we headed back towards south bank and took up a prime spot on Victoria Bridge. Unfortunately we had 45 mins to wait and that was plenty of time for 2 rain showers to come through. And since the weather resembled "windy wellington" instead of "sunny Brisbane" we had to harden up and stick out the rain since we had left our umbrellas at home :-( All up we got caught in 4 showers over the night - 1 on the way to dinner, 2 while waiting for the fireworks and the the last one on the way back to Roma St train station to go home! It's a good thing I didn't care what my hair looked like aye ;-) Maybe thats why I have no photos of me form new years :-) I have a few pics of the fireworks but once again don't have my camera cable at work so will try and add them when I get home (good luck ;-) )

Anyway so all up it was a pretty relaxing Christmas holiday break. We spent way too much money (whoops) didn't get nearly enough accomplished around the house (whoops) but I got lots of reading done and movies watched (yay)! Currently I'm reading "Everyone Worth Knowing" by Laura Weisberger, the chick who wrote The Devil Wears Prada. I'm 1/3 of the way through and it seems to be pretty good so far - so at this point I recommend it!

Well I don't really believe in new years resolutions as I think if you want to change something then just do it - don't wait for a random day as an excuse for procrastinating. But just to get in the spirit I thought I would have a couple.
  1. No more buying my morning coffee at French Twist. If the staff know not only your order but also your name then you know you go there too often. Even if if is only $3.70 for a large latte.
  2. Get wedding planning! No more procrastinating that the wedding is ages away! It is now 2008 and the wedding is this year!
Well that's it. Better go and actually do some work. Enjoy your public holiday NZ!!!

Happy New Year!!

Ange

No comments: