Sunday, January 27, 2008

lunch time in the park

Well now that I'm working on site at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) instead of at our main office I actually have a much nicer area to go and eat lunch in. Yep - work is literally right next to the botanic gardens. Not down the road or across the street - we're right on the gardens. So the first week I was there is actually rained for most of it - but Paul and I did make it out into the gardens for lunch on the Friday. I also got off my lazy butt and went to the gardens for lunch on Thursday last week too :-) The other times I've been a bit slack and have only made it as far as the cafe at the bottom of my building - doh! Good thing I giving up coffee for lent this year aye!! Anyway so I've included a few pictures for your enjoyment :-)

The view out over one part of the gardens

Paul and I doing the self portrait thing. Go the bad hair day!

Some guys playing touch at lunch time. Although the area wasn't very flat :-\

Mmmmm - coffeeeeee!



Nothing to do with the gardens I know but these Frangapani trees are outside the door to my building and they smell divine every time you go near them. Mmmmmm! I want one in my back yard but unfortunately we don't have enough room for another big tree.

No comments: