Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back in Brisbane

Well we are now safely back in Brisbane after a very busy week in Wellington. Paul and I got lots done for the wedding and also had fantastic times at our respective hens/stags dos.

Thanks so much to all of our fantastic friends who organised them for us - especially Fleur, Kat, Elo, Ben, Megan & Mike! A big ups to you guys and bear hugs all around!!

Also thanks to all of our friends who came along and shared it with us :-) Definitely a once in a lifetime event :-) Good old Paul didn't get to bed until 6:30am on Sunday! What trooper aye ;-) ha ha :-) Thanks to Maria & Peter for paying for our hire car and the petrol so we could get all the way over to Martinborough :-) I think it's a sign of the times that out of 11 people we could only rummage up 2 cars :-) And it was fantastic that Paul's mates flew down from Auckland for the night just to torment *cough* ... I mean delight Paul ;-) Ha ha. Thanks to Marea and Dan for their "presents" they sent over all the way from Europe (I'm not sure exactly where in Europer they were at the time.)

Also thanks to Mary & Pat for looking after us so well all week :-) We had a lovely time staying with you :-)

So I also finally booked the girls in for our hair and makeup for the wedding. We're going to Balliage Hair Design which is upstairs on Brandon St - conveniently around the other side of the block from where we are staying at the Quest apartments :-)

Another good point - I actually found my watch :-) YAY!!! Even though I had emptied out my handbag multiple times, as I was packing on Monday I found it right in the bottom in an area I never stick my watch! I was very very happy to find it as I was totally convinced it was gone forever! Phew!! See, I told you that St Anthony helps you find things!!

Right - best be doing somework as I have heaps on my to do list :-)

1 comment:

Trees said...

I have some photo's of your night to publish on my blog;) Don't worry I will send the less "civilised" ones for you to view in the privacy of your own home!!