Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Mind games

Right - time to play mind games with myself. I am very very good at making excuses not to do something because I can't be bothered. Case and point is that I'm trying to get back into the habit of going to the gym again after a month of travelling, injury and easter chocolates. I went on Sunday so therefore today, Tuesday, is my next day to go. If I don't force myself to go today then it will be a lot easier to make an excuse tomorrow. Plus Paul is away tonight at a conference on the gold coast so he would never know if I had in fact slacked off.

So what excuse am I making today you may ask. Well that involves another "shame" revelation. Unfortunately when I moved to Aussie I moved from an addiction to crappy Shortland St to an addiction to crappy Home & Away. It's so crappy it's good :-) And tonight is the last episode ever with Kate Richie (Sally). So I have to watch it! But by the time I get home from work, bike to the gym, do a decent workout and get home it will be way too late to watch Home & Away (it's on at 7pm too - grr).

So ... what shall I do! Well by talking about it here surely I will actually make it to the gym. Fingers crossed aye! I should probably just go out and buy a DVD recorder and then I wouldn't have to worry about it. Oh well!!

No comments: