Sunday, April 13, 2008

Colourful Walls

Well Paul and I recently decided that we've been in living in our house long enough that we'd better start making our white walls look a bit more interesting. This was started by the clock and thermometer we bought at the Eumundi markets at Easter. Plus Paul's parents bought us this really cool 3 part picture for our house warming present that we had yet to put up.

Then yesterday it was a nice sunny day so I decided to get started on one of my "projects" I'd been planning for a while - painting!! So I got out with my paints and rollers and paint brushes and just started painting. So I struggle to draw a stick figure and this was the first time in my life I've ever painted. However I was pretty happy with the outcome for a first go (considering I had no idea what the plan was when I started). The painting is "straight line challenged" but I've decided that is totally how it's meant to be ;-) te he. Anyway so I've included a few pictures for your pleasure :-)

The picture Paul's parents gave us. It is very cool! I'm really into pictures where they're separated into multiple parts. It sits in the hallway with the photo taken from the lounge.

The view of the photo from the lounge (at night) showing the view of the pic as you walk into the hallway. You have no idea how hard it was getting the picture hooks into the wall! Brute strength wasn't enough so pre-drilling was the next option - Paul ended up breaking 2 drill bits to get 3 little nails in! It's much easier when there is a beam to drill into as the board doesn't bounce back.

My very first painting. It looks nicer from further away as you can't see the crooked lines so much :-) The peace lily plant we had to move from the hallway into the kitchen/dining area as its going for gold and was taking up the whole hallway.


A close up of my very first painting :-) It was lots of fun! And it adds some great colour to the kitchen :-)

No comments: