Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The ups and downs of it all

Well I've had a few people kindly tell me to update my blog recently, so here it is. Do you want to hear all my excuses for not updating it in ages? Go on, I know you all do ;-) te he. Nah, I won't put you through that as pretty much they are just excuses. Well, mostly anyway!

I often used to update my blog when I first got to work. I'd get in around 7:30am, eat breakfast, update my blog and read the news websites before I officially started work. Well this year I decided to turn over a new leaf and be more productive at work. So that started with starting work as soon as I got in each day. The great upside of all that was I got to go home heaps earlier each day! If I started work immediately and only take a 15 - 30 min lunch break, then I could catch the 3:54pm or 4:28pm train home! Yay, that's early as :-)

But as most of you should now know from facebook, I am soon to join the lines of the unemployed! Yes folks - the credit crunch has bitten me! Pretty much my work lost a major contract on Monday, and those of us who weren't on projects got made redundant! I finished a year long project just before Christmas, so me, my project manager and another developer were the first to go :-( But I'm staying positive and have decided that fate has stepped in to help me move onto bigger and better things :-)

I have my notice period to work out, which was 4 weeks, so I have 3 weeks of that left. IP was also good and have offered 4 weeks severance pay (minus the week I owe for the leave in advance I took for the wedding). So I'm sure I shall find something in that time. However a few prayers (for the religious amongst you) and good intentions (for the not so religious) won't go astray and would be very appreciated :-)

Ok - really gotta go and apply for a few more jobs now and do some work (if any comes up). I promise that I'll update this a bit more often from now on. If you're really lucky I may even post a photo or 2 of me with my "new" haircut. Yes Tanz, that's right, I chopped it all off again - YAY :-) Ha ha.

Right - going now, honestly!

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Trees said...

Hey Ange! Thinking of you at the moment you poor thing :( But it sounds like you're handling it all very well (much better than I would!) I'm sure you'll pick up a new job over the next few weeks **hugs**