Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My long weekend

Well the weekend just been was a long weekend so I was pretty stoked by that. Thanks to the Queen for having her birthday -> yay!

So I had a bit on actually. Debz and I went to see Sex & the City on Saturday and it was great :-) I totally recommend it! I was sighed, cried, laughed, laughed till I cried and then sighed again - what a journey aye :-) I was a big fan of the series and they seem to have carried (no pun intended) what was great about the tv show into the movie. And I totally love that Carrie's (SJP) hair was frizzy for most of the movie. If the super stylish Carrie can have frizzy hair then so can the rest of us! Like I have any choice on that one though anyway!

So on Sunday Paul and I went to mass in the morning, did the groceries, read the paper and finished putting together our new tv cabinet. The lounge looks much better now as it's more open. Plus we have a few shelves to put books, DVDs, newspapers etc :-) Once this was complete we were off to Janell & Alex's place for dinner (my cousin). They have a cute little apartment in Auchenflower - a suburb near the city that overlooks the river. So we had a roast chicken dinner (cooked on the bbq) and crumble and ice-cream for dessert. Plus Janell has been great and has been letting me pick her brain heaps for wedding ideas (Janell and Alex got married in January).

So Monday was Queens Birthday here in Australia so we had the day off - yay. Although Paul likes to say that the public holiday was actually for his birthday and not the Queens. He's pretty spoilt getting a holiday on his birthday aye ;-) Monday we didn't do a lot really. I slept in till 9:15am *sigh* which was great! Then I cooked Paul bacon, eggs and french toast for his bday (as Paul likes to say - I'm well trained ;-) te he). Then we spent about 2 hours in Bunnings buying some stuff for the house. We're still undecided on what to "boarder" our vege patch with so we'll have to make another trip for that one. I like the idea of treated pine sleepers painted up some bright colour that they're a nice feature. However they cost $11.98 for 2.4m whereas we can get smaller boards at $10.98 for 4.8 metres. And since we need 33m of the stuff it could end up costing a bit.
But anyway, when we got home from Bunnings Paul sat down and read the paper while I decided to pull out this ugly weedy schrub by our washhouse. Man was it a tough thing for it's size. I managed to get about half of the roots out of the ground but the rest of it just wouldnt' budge. So in the end, "attracted" by my grunting and groaning, Paul came out and gave me a hand. I felt better when it actually took him a while too (see, I'm not too weak ;-) ). Then it was off to dinner at the arana leagues club around the corner. They do $8 steak nights on Mondays so $8 each got us steak, chips and salad bar. Plus our drinks; wine for me and schooner of beer for Paul only cost $5.45 together. Cheap aye! The leagues clubs here are kinda like RSA's - big clubrooms that the rugby league clubs run that have cheap as food and drink and have about a million pokie machines etc in them.

Anyway so that was our weekend! Although my "story" has ended up just being a ramble of memories of what we did :-)

Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: